|Calendula Oil in progress|
DIY Calendula Oil
Here is what you'll need:
- Dried calendula flower petals
- A carrier oil (I’ve used Safflower oil, but Olive oil or Sunflower oil will work just as well)
- A glass jar with lid. Make sure to clean it first
Here is how to do it:
· All I’ve done is to fill the jar about 2/3 full with the dried petals.
· Next, I slowly poured the oil over the petals, making sure they’re all submerged
· Now I have to wait 4 weeks.
· All I've done is store the jar in a warm dry spot for the infusion to occur. Before you know it, you’ll have your very own homemade infused Calendula oil, too.
· Once the 4 weeks are up, strain the flowers out and there you have it... Your very own homemade Calendula oil.
Calendula oil is great to use after a bath or shower. It makes your skin feel very soft! I also use it in my lip balms, gardener salves and other bath products. Feel free to get creative!
Have fun, and Happy Spring everyone!